"Great product. I have used it for two years."
Auto Buddies, Inc
Below are some of the major features of DeskLot. Now granted, we can't exhaustively list everything, so, after a quick review, we encourage you to download the FREE 30 day trial and see how incredibly flexible, easy-to-use, and customizable DeskLot is. If you find something that you need to get done in DeskLot, chances are very strong, that it'll do it.
- Unlimited Dealer Accounts* With the
Enterprise version you can enter an unlimited
number of dealership accounts, thus, keeping dealer inventories separate. This is perfect for window sticker printing and data collection companies as well as dealer groups who want to manage multiple lots from one location.
- Internal Backup & Restore With the internal backup and restore, you can make sure your data is safely stored on an external or network drive in case of a computer failure. It is also a great way to transfer data from one computer to another. Backup can also remind and prompt you to do a daily or weekly backup.
- Inventory Report With the printable inventory report and it's customize columns, you can choose which vehicles and which columns that you want to see. Great for window sticker companies who need to show the dealer a list of vehicles that they processed that day.
- Networking Want your data stored on a network server/share so other copies of DeskLot can share the data, or so the server can back it up? In DeskLot you can choose the location where you want your data to be stored.
- FTP Choices When vehicle data needs to be sent via FTP (file transfer protocol) to other sites, you can either use the reliable built-in FTP engine, or for WS_FTP users, use the WS_FTP scripting engine.
- Extensive Built-In Help DeskLot has an extensive built-in help system which is context sensitive... meaning, when you press F1 from a particular screen, it will bring up the help relevant to that particular screen.
- Check for Updates The Check for Updates utility helps insure that you're running the latest version of the software and VIN decoding databases.
- Databases DeskLot uses Microsoft Access® databases for compatibility and flexibility.
- 50 Photos Supports up-to 50 photos per vehicle.
- Automatic Photo Resizing Can automatically resize your vehicle photos (such as to 1024x768, 800x600 or 640x480) when you add them to a vehicle. You can even set the JPG quality. No more 3rd party image resizing utilities.
- Automatic Watermarks Automatically have an overlay/watermark added to vehicle photos when you add them. Set the location, transparency and transparency color for amazing looking overlay banners or borders on your images. Overlay just photo 1, or overlay them all.
- Automatic Certified Watermarks Automatically have a different overlay/watermark added to CERTIFIED vehicle photos when you add them.
- Batch (Bulk) Photo Matching Don't want to match photos to vehicles one vehicle at a time? Use the start and stop taking photos timer when editing each vehicle. When your done, use "batch match photos". DeskLot will look at the date and time of each photo and know which vehicles to assign the photos to and in what order.
- Optional "VIN Advanced" VIN Exploder** With just the VIN, DeskLot can give you most data about the vehicle, narrowed down by trim level, such as Year, Make, Model, Trim, Generic, Trim Level Specific, and Optional Equipment, Engine, Transmission, Factory Colors, MSRP, MPG values, Class, Doors, Engine Cylinders, Body Style, Model Code, and more.
- Vehicle Data Learning For users who don't use the VIN exploder, DeskLot can be set to remember what vehicle data you've entered in the past, so that it can automatically populate vehicle editing drop downs. For example: After the first time you enter a Chevrolet Malibu, each time after that you enter Chevrolet, the drop down list for Model will present you with Malibu as a Model choice. The same goes for Trim. DeskLot also remembers Fuel Types, Interior and Exterior Colors, Engines, Transmissions, Body Styles and Categories. The object here is that after you've manually typed something once, in the future you shouldn't have to type it again, but rather can just select it from a drop down list.
- Customizable Equipment Check List For users who don't use the VIN exploder (and for those who do), you can customize a list of common equipment items that are available for vehicles. Then, adding equipment is easy. Just arrow key through the check list and tap space to select each equipment item that is on the vehicle.
- Warranties DeskLot makes it easy to add/select warranty information for vehicles so that you can print dynamic buyers guides. Check off warranty selections such as "Full", "Limited" warranty, enter parts and labor percentages covered, etc, then save the warranty as a configuration. Then, next time you need to select that warranty for a vehicle, just select it from the list and it's all entered for you for that particular vehicle. Supports an unlimited number of warranty configurations.
- Custom Fields DeskLot comes standard with all of the vehicle fields that are most commonly used. However, in the event that you need a field that DeskLot doesn't have, DeskLot offers up to 12 "custom fields" that you can name whatever you like.
- Vehicle Status Never wonder where a vehicle is again with the "Status" field. Right-click a vehicle in the list to easily change the Status. Options are: Auction, Body Shop, Detail, Loaner, Lot, Service, Sold, Transit, Wholesale and Other.
- Copy The vehicle copy function can save a ton of time when entering similar vehicles, such as you might do when entering NEW vehicles into the system.
- Printing Stickers Print windows stickers and buyers guides in batch by checking off multiple vehicles in the vehicle list, or print them one at a time via the vehicle edit screen.
- Forms/Labels Use whatever window sticker forms/labels you like from whomever you like. We don't force you to purchase ours. Print on blank or pre-printed forms.
- Print Static & Dynamic Buyers Guides Depending on how many different types or warranties that you offer for your vehicles, you'll want to choose whether to use "Static" or "Dynamic" buyers guides. With "Static" buyers guides, you hard code within the actual sticker configuration what warranty data (such as systems covered, percentage of parts and labor) and what check marks (such as No Warranty) that you want printed on the buyers guides. This is great for dealers who only have one or two warranty types since it saves the time by not having to select a warranty when adding each vehicle. With "Dynamic" buyers guides, when adding each vehicle, you select a warranty for that specific vehicle. Then, the buyers guide sticker configuration dynamically populates the buyers guide with the warranty information from the vehicle record rather than just filling in the warranty information with the same thing for each vehicle. Dynamic buyers guides work best for dealers that have many different types of warranties. This way, you don't have to try to remember what buyers guide sticker to print for a particular vehicle since the warranty data is coming from what warranty was selected for each vehicle.
- Spanish Buyers Guides Now included, buyers guide templates for Spanish FTC labels.
- Over 60 Templates Over 60 window sticker templates are included to help you get up and going quickly. Just add your logo and you're good to go.
- Unlimited Stickers Print as many stickers are you need. DeskLot doesn't charge any per-sticker usage fees.
- QR Codes Print QR Codes on your stickers so that consumers can scan the code with their smart phones and be taken to a web page of your choice, such as a credit application page, inventory list, coupon, or specific vehicles Internet web page.
- Add What You Want Where You Want With DeskLot, you can basically design about any style of sticker. Add elements such as Text, Vehicle Field Data, combined Text w/ Vehicle Data, Graphics, Lines, Rectangles, Rounded Corner Rectangles, Circles, Arcs, QR Codes, and CARFAX® Highlights. Place what you want where you want. Resize it. Customize colors, fonts, and more.
- WYSIWYG The sticker design environment is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). See exactly how the sticker will look as you design it.
- Copy, Export & Import Make copies of sticker configurations for safe keeping in case of a mistake. Export and Import sticker configurations for safe keeping, or for sending between computers. This is perfect for sticker companies so that one person can design the stickers, then email them off to the field tech for importing into their field copy of DeskLot.
- Bulk Move Need to move EVERYTHING up, down, left or right? Use the bulk-move feature within the window sticker configuration environment.
- Layout Guides When designing stickers, you can have the system place a grid on the design stage to aid you in lining things up and for knowing how far to move something. If the grid is on when you print the sticker from the design environment, the system will also place rulers on the top and left to aid in measuring when to place various elements.
Importing & Exporting Vehicle Data & Photos
- Import Delimited Text Files Import vehicle data from local delimited text files such as CSV, Tab, Pipe, or custom delimiters.
- Import from MS-Access Import vehicle data from a local Microsoft Access® database
- Export to Local Delimited Text Files Export vehicle data to a local delimited text file for importing into another software package, for opening in Excel®, or for emailing to another party.
- Export Vehicle Data & Photos to 3rd Party Inventory Providers DeskLot has a very powerful and customizable engine for exporting vehicle data and photos to remote 3rd party inventory providers. In fact, it's the same basic technology that we use at WalkTheLot.com on theservers for ourwebLot product to automatically send thousands of inventory feeds for the multitude of dealers who usewebLot. Additionally, our staff actually use DeskLot to create the inventory export configurations that the servers use to send feeds to the wide variety of 3rd parties that we send data to. Inventory data can be sent as most any type of delimited text file. Photos can be set to be renamed how the 3rd party wants them to be named. Data conversion rules applied. The file(s) optionally zipped, then sent off via FTP or Email.
- Batch Import / Export Got quite a few imports, exports or web publishing configurations to be sent and don't want to baby-sit them waiting for one to finish before manually started the next one? With the Batch function, you can check off all of the data imports and exports that you want to be sent, and in what order. They'll send one after the other automatically until they all are complete.
- Command Line Scheduled Import / Exports Want to automate things? Perhaps your nightly feeds to 3rd party inventory providers? Use DeskLot command line options along with Microsoft® Task Scheduler to automatically Launch DeskLot at a certain time and process imports, exports, or a batch.
- Copy, Import & Export Configurations Want another import or export configuration that is almost the same as an existing one? Use the "copy" function to duplicate configurations then just change the one or two things that need to be changed. Need to send a configuration to another DeskLot user?... such as to a window sticker company field tech? The "Import a Configuration" and "Export a Configuration" features can handle that.
- ASP / MS-Access Web Publishing Need inventory for your web site? If your web site is running on a Microsoft® IIS web server you can use our ASP / MS-Access Web Publishing feature to push ASP inventory pages, the MS-Access database, and vehicle photos to your web site via FTP. Just modify the included ASP web page templates to your liking. Then, when you need to update the inventory on your site, just click a button and off it goes.
- Standard HTML Web Publishing If your web site is not hosting on a Microsoft® IIS web server and you just need simple and basic inventory for your site, you can use the Standard HTML Web Publishing feature. Modify the included HTML templates to your liking. Then, when you want to publish your inventory to your site, just click a button. DeskLot will use those templates to build a master inventory list and individual web pages for each vehicle, upload the web pages and vehicle photos to your site via FTP, and whallah, you're done.
- Print CARFAX® Highlights on Your Stickers CARFAX Highlights puts up to 8 positive items about a vehicle on your stickers. If a report has not been purchased, DeskLot will place an alternate image in it's place.
- View CARFAX® Reports Already purchased a report for a particular vehicle? With the click of a button open and view the report.
- Batch Download CARFAX® Data Automatically download CARFAX data for multiple vehicles so that you may use it to print CARFAX® Highlights on your window stickers.
- Need a CARFAX® Account Click here to signup.
* Indicates only available in the Enterprise version. ** Indicates requires an additionally priced monthly subscription.
DeskLot is so incredibly flexible in order to meet a wide variety of implementation needs for both professional window sticker printing companies and dealers nationwide, that you'll need to see it and put it to work for yourself to fully grasp all of it's capabilities. Download the FREE 30 day trial and get started risk-free today.